Wednesday, May 20, 2020

How Weak Are You?


Reading: John 16:12-15

How strong are you to follow Jesus?

If I say that I am strong enough, I could mean that I have the power and strength to do anything in my own way. I know what to do and I know where to go.

When Jesus said that "the Spirit of Truth comes and will guide you into the whole truth", it actually means that I don't have any strength at all. I am just weak and I can't do anything. I don't know anything. I need His Spirit to guide me.

The question then is not a matter of how strong we are to follow Him. It is rather the contrary: how weak we are to follow Him. In humility, we need to recognize our own vulnerability. There is a need for us to surrender. We need to be like a little child and let our Father be our strength. We depend on God and God alone. He is much stronger!

How weak are you to follow Jesus?


0 (mga) komento:

 
;